I don't like peas and I don't like carrots, unless I add garlic and cheese. I bet some of you thought I was going to douse my veggies in a bright orange cheese sauce. I always thought that stuff looked terrible. It tastes unnatural, just like it's color. If I have offended some of you, I'm sorry, but maybe you shouldn't be consuming neon orange cheese, perhaps I'm doing you a favor?
In an effort to make something for dinner that wasn't totally green, I took a random bag of peas and carrots (with other assorted vegetables) from the freezer and when inventive on it's butt. I tried to prove the point that eating peas and carrots doesn't need to be a "hide it in your napkin" type of game. Just check out the recipe below.
|Peas eat us!!|
Peas & Carrots Paneer Kura
- 1 bag of peas & carrots (other veggies can be mixed in)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- Hing powder
- 3 tbs shredded coconut
- 1/2 tbs garam masala
- Red chili powder
- 1/2 bag of paneer cubes, fried
- Sesame oil (optional)
1. In a medium size pan, heat oil and add the hing powder. When it sizzles add the garlic and onions. When they become translucent add the paneer. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Then add the vegetable mix and cover. Leave for 2 minutes. Then add the shredded coconut and mix in.
3. Add the garam masala, salt, red chili powder, and turmeric. Thoroughly mix in. Cover and cook until tender.
* This will probably go best with roti.
Ease: Super easy
Ayurvedic Friendly: Yes, and if you want to keep it that way, you have a recipe for spelt roti to compliment it!
Yummy: Even I was able to bear the peas and carrots.