Have you ever noticed that when you're getting ready for work that it's hard to find the motivation to make breakfast? Maybe it's just me, but in the morning, I just want to get as much a sleep as possible, and get out to the door and get to work. Why you ask? The earlier I get in, the earlier I can leave!
This week I thought I would make myself a hearty breakfast torte that I could cook today, cut up and just take to work. Simple, easy and healthy. Check out my recipe for my breakfast torte below.
- 9 eggs
- 5 whole eggs
- 4 whites
- 1/4 cup broccoli chopped
- 1/4 cup spinach chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 spears of asparagus, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbs. ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tbs. smoke paprika
- 2 tbs. Herbs de Provance
- 1 tbs. dried dill
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs butter
- Butter to grease the pan
- Splash of milk
1. In a bowl, using an electric whisk or Kitchen Aid, blend the ricotta cheese and cream cheese.
2. Once it is a uniform mixture, add the smoked paprika, 1 tbs of Herbs de provance, the dill and a pinch of salt. Add the milk and whisk until it's a uniform mixture.
3. Then add the whole eggs and egg whites. Whisk until it is light and frothy.
4. In a pan, heat oil and 1/2 tbs. of butter. Once the butter is melted, add the onions and slowly caramelize.
5. Once they are caramelized, add the broccoli, spinach and asparagus. Season with a pinch of salt and cook until the vegetables are tender.
6. In a 9x9 pan, grease with some butter. Then add the vegetables and 1/2 tbs of herbs de provance. Then pour the egg mixture on top and mix.
7. Set your oven to 350F, and place in the oven. Half way through cooking, about 15 minutes, remove from the over and use a spatula to pull the edges away from the pan. Then stick back in the oven until the center is set.
* You can use all egg whites to make this healthier
* You can use any vegetable you want, you can even add meat or cheese. The possibilities are endless
Ease: The prep for this should take you about 15 minutes. Cook time is probably around 40 minutes.
Ayurvedic Friendly: Actually this is